3DCoat Forums

Answering forum questions

digman

• Reputable Contributor

I'm laughing out loud at myself, I like solving problems, I will fire up the old computer, getting ready to do some creative work in 3DCoat but "LO and Behold" I check the forums first, :blink:

The urge to find solutions to problems rears it's indomitable head chasing my creative side out the house. :D

Must stay away from forum, Must stay away from forum, I mutter to myself as I click the link to the 3DCoat forums...

I do work to give correct answers but have erred a few times, so if you are one of those poor souls that I did it too, pray I stay a along time in Purgatory... :(

Digiman:

I, for one, have benefited greatly from your obsessive tendency to help - and I truly mean HELP. If you have erred in any of your advice, I'm not aware of it.

3D-Coat is very deep, (coming from the innermost brain of Andrew Shpagin), and the various uses of all of its functions are not always apparent. This is where the kind of help you continue to give pays great dividends - well, not cash ones - but, intangible sorts of rewards. We all are saved countless hours of trial and error, (since you have done this for us).

Anyway, who says helping is not the most creative endeavor? Not me.

Greg Smith

• Contributor

Will, this looks a handy place for me to ask, is baking displacement in the retopo room a single core job? It sure looks a good candidate for multi-core 'cause it is slowwwwly adding to memory in task manager enough that I might leave it til morning. :blink:

• Reputable Contributor

Will, this looks a handy place for me to ask, is baking displacement in the retopo room a single core job? It sure looks a good candidate for multi-core 'cause it is slowwwwly adding to memory in task manager enough that I might leave it til morning. :blink:

I find that sometimes, if something is amiss with the UV's, that is why it appears to bog down. When things are done right, baking is pretty decent on fairly new hardware.