3DCoat Forums

V3 license for sale

3DToons

I'm retiring from 3D for various reasons, one of the main ones is permanent health problems, I need to cut back on using computers. I was just confirmed that I can sell the license to someone else, so if someone is interested in getting 3D-Coat V3, the let know. Asking price is $175, payment through Paypal, seems the easiest to me.

I'm retiring from 3D for various reasons, one of the main ones is permanent health problems, I need to cut back on using computers. I was just confirmed that I can sell the license to someone else, so if someone is interested in getting 3D-Coat V3, the let know. Asking price is $175, payment through Paypal, seems the easiest to me.

Sorry to hear about your health problems, and hope you get better soon. I have been considering buying 3DC for some time and would be intersted in taking over your license if this (as I understand) is equivalent of my self buying the latest version my self.

Thank you

Lars Bjorstrup

• Reputable Contributor

Sorry to hear about your health problems, and hope you get better soon. I have been considering buying 3DC for some time and would be intersted in taking over your license if this (as I understand) is equivalent of my self buying the latest version my self.

Thank you

Lars Bjorstrup

Yes...once you have a license, you get all updates free. Only major releases (v3/4, etc.) will there be any upgrade charge, and even then it's pretty inexpensive. It's been almost 2yrs since v3 was released, and it's developed much faster than any other CG app I can think of, in that time frame.

Yes...once you have a license, you get all updates free. Only major releases (v3/4, etc.) will there be any upgrade charge, and even then it's pretty inexpensive. It's been almost 2yrs since v3 was released, and it's developed much faster than any other CG app I can think of, in that time frame.

Thanks for the information, sounds great.. I have an old version of Mudbox and even older of Zbrush, but found (by trial version) that 3DC seems to integrate much better in my environment (using 3ds max, Photoshop CS4, Spacepilot, Wacom tablet ..) so I hope to get my hands on 3DC for real in the future - and this might just be the incentment for me to do so.. sorry though about the circumstances, but maybe I also can help a little by taking over the license.

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks for the information, sounds great.. I have an old version of Mudbox and even older of Zbrush, but found (by trial version) that 3DC seems to integrate much better in my environment (using 3ds max, Photoshop CS4, Spacepilot, Wacom tablet ..) so I hope to get my hands on 3DC for real in the future - and this might just be the incentment for me to do so.. sorry though about the circumstances, but maybe I also can help a little by taking over the license.

I'm a Max-Head myself, but 3DC has become my favorite app by far. I can do the vast majority of modeling here and anything character-related...I prefer to use 3DC all the way through the process now, til I'm ready to rig, animate and render in Max. The sheer clay-like nature of Voxels allow you hash out the look of your character as you go, instead of trying to piddle with a base model in Max. It's a totally new paradigm...a reverse modeling technique, that I think will catch on more and more as people discover how fluid and efficient the workflow is.

What's more is...if you are constructing heavy scene environments, the Auto Retopo feature will come in extremely handy, as will the Ptex feature set (it's a full implementation in 3DC...not just exporting maps to Ptex format). It's essentially a very elegant Auto-UV (without seams) feature, and only in 3DC can you export the resulting maps and UV to render in any application.

Automated topology and UV's...there isn't another application that offers both.