3DCoat Forums

Retopo

Britain

• Advanced Member

Hello,

I have a question. I have a voxel object, I retopo, pull it into paint. I dont like something so I go back to the retopo room delete the retopo, go to voxels make a change and retopo again. The problem is the change I did is still showing up in the retopo room. What am I doing wrong? I should only have the section with the topo.

Topo.JPG

• Advanced Member

I've deleted all layers, in everyroom its still there. What I have found out it is a sub-object that is showing. I can hide the sub-object and it hides this.

Back tracking, it seems that the sub-object is created when you merge the retopo'd obj into a paint room. So if one desides to change the voxel object after the merge, the sub-object is there. Given this how do you get rid of the sub-object?

Thanks

Ohhh now I understand the problem, you've deleted the voxel mesh but the painting room mesh you created is still there, you can see object from all rooms in the Retopo room, so if you want to see nothing in there you'll have to either hide it in the painting room like you said you did, or delete it with the red X.

Video:

http://screencast.com/t/0YLUuLrbF

• Reputable Contributor

It's confusing to a new user, I'm sure. Perhaps, the best way to prevent this confusion is for Andrew to have the sub-objects panel pop up immediately following a merge/import, this will allow the user to see it right away and dock it where they want.