3DCoat Forums

Ideas on Painting and Layers

JIMERICAN

Hey I love 3d brush very much Andrew, my studio actually bought us all copies :)

Some things that would be helpful that I can see when Im texturing would be for more options to blend layers, as in Adobe Photoshop for example. Another thing I see right away would be changing the opacity of the layer. Mudbox and Deep Paint 3d have this option. The other thing I run into that would be helpful would be maybe a color picker to select the color on the mesh. Deep Paint 3d has this as well. Overall I love the program and I hope we can use this as one of our main programs in our production. Keep up the good work and thanks for creating an awesome program for all of us to use. - Jim

• Advanced Member
i think the problem is that the program has now far outpaced the documentation.

AND the tools and options are a little spread out and need to be arranged more logically.

Yes yes yes yes and yes. This program has so much potential, but in many ways its reinventing the wheel. Shortcut keys should match Photoshop whenever possible. (and should be re-mappable) The arrangement of the interface should mimic Photoshop (CS3) when and where it makes sense - such as layers, tool palettes, menus, etc.

Or, the other option would be to make the interface like Silo - where the end users can rebuild it however they want - then rely on the users to build a Photoshop-like version, an XSI-like version, a Lightwave-like version, etc.

But right now I find myself getting frustrated every time I open 3DB because I know it CAN do what I want, I just can't remember where a particular tool is or why it's slightly different than other tools that do nearly the same thing in other packages.

Paul