3DCoat Forums

Prototype of new interface (2.07 beta2)

Hi All!

I have finished the hard working day and have a thought - why not upload, may be someone will look and give some good ideas? So, it is not final, some new functions are still raw, but for estimation:

http://www.3d-brush.com/files/3d-brush-2-07-beta2-en.exe

I have tried to do 3DB more Photoshoppy :) (at least logic of work)

At least you can look at pictures:

Layers_menu.jpg

Adjust_menu.jpg

Freeze_menu.jpg

Hide_menu.jpg

• Advanced Member

I don't have any ideas, but i like it! more PhotoShoppy for the win! :D

edit: i read your blog, you plan to add more layer blending option ala PhotoShop in the future,..wow that would be very useful! :D Keep up the great work...i wonder if you sleep at all.

- volumetrical sculpting (in 3.xx version) - work with volume, not surface, so that you will be able to make holes or change topology as you wish

WOW, if you add that i might actually use 3d-brush for sculpting! instead of Mudbox. I think its voxel base approach?

• Advanced Member
Greetings and thanks to your wife for allowing you to code that much

I was thinking the same thing...it takes a special gal to put up with our nerdly obsessions,

so thank her for me too! :D

downloading now :)

wailingmonkey

*edit* just looking at the screens, couldn't the "Adjust" area be a sub-menu within "Layers"?

• Advanced Member

Be sure to have an eye on your costs. It wouldn't help anyone here, if we were able to buy 3DB for a bargain, but shortly afterwards seeing how you have to leave development cause it can't feed the family. I would rather pay more and know you're doing well, then risking you and 3DB disappearing from the scene...

mike

Yes, you are right. 3DB is very low-priced because new software can't be high priced. But we plan to increase price almost twice during approximately one month. The increasing of price is really something that is need for some stability. We have sold several hundreds of copies and we have enough money to continue development but not enough for good advertising. Soon the absolutely new site will start, it is done on 80%. Also a big advertising company will start with new site.