3DCoat Forums

Vector Displacement

lc8b105

• Advanced Member

Some one have tole me that they wish 3d-brush can support "Vector Displacement" some day.

He said that currently only modo and XSI support "Vector Displacement",if 3d-brush will support,that will be great!

It seems that the displacement of 3d-brush is "grayscale Displacement",but not support "Vector Displacement".

Some one have tole me that they wish 3d-brush can support "Vector Displacement" some day.

He said that currently only modo and XSI support "Vector Displacement",if 3d-brush will support,that will be great!

It seems that the displacement of 3d-brush is "grayscale Displacement",but not support "Vector Displacement".

No problem, the only what I need - what image format should I use for this purpose. In general, 3DB uses vector displacement as it's usual workflow, but now it is not able to export/import it.

• Advanced Member

Here are the files :

http://dl.free.fr/htXsFrAVu/cube.rar

A simple cube, the texture in .exr format and .psd format, and some viewport snapshots from modo.

There seems to have a conflict between your mail adress and mine.

F