3DCoat Forums

Buggy liveClay when using qube meshes?

Taros

Hi folks,

today I've tested the LiveClay functions in 3DC a little bit. Overall LC is very nice.

But what is not working:

Import a pure, low poly quad mesh, that is build of 12 tris and try to use LiveClay on it. LC is not working like expected and produces many bugs. Why?

I had this idea to import a low poly quad model and sculpt just on one side, the other sides should stay low poly.

I used the AppLink inside Softimage. Do other users have the same problems with very low poly meshes and LiveClay?

Best wishes

Chris

PS: Using V3.5.24A

• Reputable Contributor

Right now LC is buggy but the new update should fix many of the problems I believe. If I try LC on a low poly model, it just shatters in places on the model or creates holes as noted in the picture...

Using Linux 64 bit non cuda---V3.5.24A

post-518-0-19797100-1316203749_thumb.jpe

• Advanced Member

My experience from sculptris suggests... (because of similar issues in sculptris)

Remesh it first. Subdivide it globally. Raul is working on this but an easy way at this moment is to drop it to voxels mode first.

Taros, you may have in mind some low poly mesh with an amount of density where is needed.

You will find yourself facing a nor-displ baking issue after retopology. Low density areas will bake a heavily triangulated effect and you can't do much to fix it.

Better avoid extreme low to hi polys variations. A more evenly subdivided mesh will work better.