3DCoat Forums
    • Having bug fixing and new tools appear in the same builds is a bad decision, to me. I don't know how feasible it would be, but here's a possible better situation (for the users, developers might hate me for this, but I'm not saying it because I love the Caesar less, but because I love Rome more): A ) Having a Stable branch: only bug fixes and consolidation of tools and workflows gets here. Builds explain what's fixed, and what major workflows and refined tools are incorporated. Documentation is updated and videos released showing what's new and changed (nothing else than that, to the point, edited, concrete and complete). B ) Testing branch. A "new tools branch" to test new tools/algorithms and workflows. It's to show and test new tools, or refactoring of older ones. This branch encourages testing, experimentation, discovery of new workflows. Users use it to test bleeding edge tools, and provide feedback on workflows using them to polish functions exposed to the user, how such functions are exposed, and how users combine them to establish new workflows. This feedback is used by developers to fine tune the tools and even interface. Once it all works, feedback can't find bugs, workflows are already in use by some users daily... then they are merged in the "stable" branch. All feedback is taken into account to update documentation and produce new video content to illustrate new tools and workflows intent. Right now, I need bug fixes, but I get them with new ones (new bugs), along changes in tools and workflows and even UI. It's difficult to work like this. I have to pay attention to too much, and I use other tools as well. Give us bug fixing, new tools, new workflows and development without slowing down research and testing of tools. Give us: Stable branch of 3DCoat, Testing branch of 3DCoat, and a delicious cake! Well, keep the cake, we'll make our own to celebrate!   It's a nice software. We'd really like to use it more. Come on! Go, go, go!!    
    • Like @Just a user, I think instability (bugs, coming and going in quick succession) and how workflows are set-up in 3DCoat make relying on it outside sculpting difficult for me. Also, there are pretty proficient alternatives on many levels of polish and capabilities outside 3DCoat. I rely on them for now. I'd love to see a flexible UI configurable by the user. To actually be able to drag and drop any UI piece anywhere AND be able to use multi-monitors set-up. The Linux platform seem to be getting some advancements as of late, but still, until now, it's only a few releases a year with months over months in between. So even if I can understand how this happens and why, it's impractical again to rely too much on this software as a daily driver. We'll see how this goes from now, once some important hurdles get tackled at last. Documentation is a major lack of this software. And tutorials, even the official ones, are a tad meandering, telling while not showing, very limited in scope and not to the point of the tool and configuration and its effects either. After some time of not using the software, without muscle-memory of what worked, what not, how that combines, and getting up to date of new tools, workflows and new bugs and workarounds gets daunting quickly. It could be better with documentation (what we have now isn't) and YouTube videos showing A)Tools, configurations and usages of said tools B ) Workflows: how to use the tools combined to do some project, tailored to different sectors/industries C) how NEW tools are to be used and which workflows they improve with examples. I'd like to use it more, and possibly it's getting there, but some considerable work needs to be done to polish what's there: the tool for me needs to be robust, and the UI more flexible if at all possible. I do like 3DCoat, but I need solid tools I can rely for work.  
    • As workaround also can use Coat tool
    • even create as surface doesnt work ..... bug confirmed
    • happening to me , on the tools options theres a create as surface option , use that and then voxelize it after as a workaround
    • Sorry, still I cant replicate Try other settings
    • Hi Are you using latest version ? Testing it, I found it is working fine
    • Generating Character with Poses for Art Works In addition to creating character with T-pose for creating morph target mesh, you can also export character with poses for creating CG artwork. Prepare a character. Strike a pose for the character. Execute the File >> Export >> OBJ >> Character with Current Pose command. Adjust the settings in the Export OBJ Keep Pose panel. Axis: Choose one of the radio button to match the axis coordinate system of your target 3D tool.  Export Materials: Activate this box to export the complete material data of the character. Remove Hidden Mesh: Activate this options to remove the hidden meshes in order that the size of the exported character can be minimized. Load the exported OBJ character file into your 3D tool. The character's pose and material is imported as well. You can then create CG art work with the target 3D tool.
    • Generating Target for Creating Morphing Slider Exporting the current character into an avatar file in OBJ format has special implications. You can adjust the file in any other 3D-modeling tool and load it back for creating custom morphing sliders. Prepare a character (optionally morph the character). Execute the File >> Export >> OBJ >> Nude Character in Bind-Pose command. Adjust the settings according to the axis coordinate system of your target 3D-modeling tool. Note: Click the Export button to export one folder storing all material textures and three files in *.mtl, *.obj, and *.ObjKey format. The last one includes the DRM data for the *.obj file. DO KEEP these two files because you will need it when you load the modified OBJ Avatar back to Character Creator as target morphing character. Modify the OBJ file with an external 3D-modeling tool. With the mtl file and texture folder, you can re-build the look of the entire character. Note: Save the OBJ avatar and use it as the target morphing character in Character Creator. The morphing result Applying clothes and motions
    • Character Creator supports exporting two types of OBJ files for the current character. You can choose to export OBJ with T-pose and sculpt it for creating a morph slider target mesh or you can export static OBJ characters with custom poses in order to create art works with external 3D software. Generating Target for Creating Morph Slider Generating Character with Poses for Art Works  
    • Hi,  Vox layer tool after applied creates empty layer ;/ Vox Extrude works fine with the same selection 3DCoat 2024.20 2024-06-27 14-02-15.mp4     version 2024.20
    • Hi You can join Concept in 3DC https://discord.gg/3sutuAvNEt Yes. Texture is included in 3DCoat license.
    • Also is textura included in the 3d coat license? or is that separate? 
    • Is there a 3dcoat Discord available? I just downloaded and want to give it another try and get off substance if it suits my workflow but i'd definitely like to be able to engage in real time with a community. Is that available?