3DCoat Forums
    • Here is what i found myself. The goal of this test was to analyze the stability and memory usage Steps taken: GDB: 1. Launched 3DCoat with GDB to capture the backtrace of any crashes. The program encountered a segmentation fault at xmlDictFree (dict=0x96e4540) in the librsvg module, specifically within the GTK icon loading system. <- i tried to open a project 2. GDB backtrace showed that the crash was triggered when handling SVG images, possibly during GTK theme loading. Valgrind Memory Analysis: Run 3DCoat under Valgrind’s memory checker (Memcheck) to detect memory errors. 1, Valgrind reported multiple warnings regarding unsupported compression types when reading debug symbols from system libraries like libgtk-3, libcairo, and others. This limits my ability to provide detailed memory analysis for these libraries. 2. Several errors related to conditional jumps based on uninitialized values were detected. One of these errors stemmed from the calculate_path function, which is involved in Python’s path calculation in the application. The program attempted to read invalid memory, causing segmentation faults. This was traced back to the calculate_path function and ultimately tied to the handling of Python configuration initialization.   The tests were done hastily. I’m not sure if this will help anyone or provide the developers with new information (probably not), but I can send the logs if needed.
    • There should be ONE shortcut for snapping, not hidden in the second pie, because it is crucial, UX guys.
    • If you're experiencing crashes, try testing the program using strace. strace ./3dcoat 2> log.txt
    • When you run 3D-Coat using shell, you need to add the environment variables to your shell configuration. Like this: echo "export PYTHONHOME=/usr/bin/python3" >> ~/.bashrc echo "export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python3" >> ~/.bashrc source ~/.bashrc This will fix HOME and PATH being not set. GTK errors might not always be related to GTK itself. They could stem from mismatched themes, system dialogs, or library conflicts in KDE. It’s recommended to test GTK apps in their native environments like GNOME or XFSE.  
    • Hi, I have tested version 2024.27-01 on Opensuse Tumbleweed 20240916 with KDE Plasma 6.1.5, X11 and we have the same problem when opening any type of file the program closes suddenly. It does not show errors in the console. It does not even allow opening the file to load the license. I had performed tests with TestStroke Build Sep 15 2024 and the dialog box to open and save files works correctly. But in 3DCoat 2024.27-01 it does not work.
    • Ah ok, sorry Change to orthographic view, this will help Zoom visualization parameters can be modified on Edit > Preferences
    • @SERGYI Wow, finally new update, unstable version, but still I'm actually very glad. I made some test, and found a few bugs. I decided to make a video about my test results, i hope it will be helpful for you. I put a link to my MEGA drive. https://mega.nz/file/VSdkzBDB#NRXeFKPlngXfYbho8z0CEBbZxBdcAf-duB5OqVcqkFA Also i leave here, a short text version. File dialog in general works fine, I've got no crushes, but hotkeys and function for basic file manipulation don't work or don't exist (like rename, delete, move files). Only create folder exist. Can't change width of "Size" column in File dialog. 3DCoat and TestStroke can't recognize my tablet Huion HS610. It behaves only like mouse. Can't import my custom sculpt shaders from 2024.24 version. Reference image always display on the top by overlapping my sculpt with this. CastShadow and Incremental Render functions brake viewport and interface refresh. Show Python Console - not working, do nothing. Realtime Render - not working, but i can do render to file. 3DCode broke PSD alpha brushes after import. 3dCoat runs and closes with console errors.    
    • sorry, I don't get the points, I don't kown what the relationship between maximizing display and this issue is.Can you see the screen recording below?   coat3d problem.mp4
    • Hello dear, our usual rule is that everybody has 12 months of free upgrades  since the date of the last purchase or from the last upgrade. If you make the upgrade now, you will have free  upgrades during 12 months, including the appropriate 3DCoat 2025 versions.
    • Hi please send your issue at sales@3dcoat.com
    • The function is disabled, the setting is saved in a new session. Tested 2024.26
    • How turned off this permanently ?!!!!
    • Matrix? Edit: But because of this matrix, I can finally!!! use the same shortcut for 'align to view' in the Pose tool as in the Move Tool!!! This should obviously work like that. so this is not a bug XDDDD  
    • Voxels are better for organic modeling and the initial blocking out phase while the Surface mode is better for hard surface modeling since it's a lot easier to retain hard edges while manipulating your model.