3DCoat Forums

Suggest to improve functions of pick color panel

ldzywsj

• Advanced Member

Andrew,while painting in 3dc,some times we need the pick color panel keeps open,so that we can pick color more quickly,but the picked color changes out of sync when the panel is open,we have to press the "ok" key and close the pick color panel, then the picked color could come to be of use, it is ineffective while we need to pick color frequently.so i suggest when the picked color panel is open,the picked color should be changed in sync.

post-641-1210466156_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
Or, as I read it, not even have that process.

Just have an "alive" color panel one that when the color is touched it immediately becomes the present color.

And I totally agree -- too many needs to "ok" for those things that are in flow. Causes dams in the flow.

Thanks,with you explanation,I think Andrew would understand me!

• Reputable Contributor

Press the "B" key, that will bring up a color picker panel and that one changes in sync to what you were describing. Your new color selection becomes the current color with no need to press ok. The panel will close by itself once you move your mouse curser off the panel unless you click on the pin icon and want the panel to stay open.

There is no need to click on the colors on the far right of the screen to bring up that color picker panel. I think that panel picker panel maybe has a bug as it does not stay in color sync.

post-518-1210601737_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

Hi folks,thanks for reply!

Andrew,but I still have a question about the pick color panel.I don't know what is the exact usage of "import image plane" command,if it's just use to import a image for reference,the "IMG" tab of the pick color panel can do that. And much more,when I import a image by using "import image plane" command,the model which i'm working on it disappear. Is it a bug or am i wrong? so I think the command "import image plane" should be canceled and just use the pick color plane to import a image for reference!