3D Coat Forums
philnolan3d

3D model from Photos

Yes it does, thank you for the explanation. I also agree there is a market for it as it is now. And using it with 3d coat will really be wonderful!

The interface and work flow look nice.

Maybe Andrew can support the .sculpt file format.

For Masks, Materials, Pens, Voxel Merge, etc.

Thanks!

Supporting the .scuplt format can be the solution for all this. Nice thinking! :good:

Price: EUR 99.00 (individual license) (or 134.8479 U.S. dollars)

Hopefully that's the full price and $67.42395 (EUR 49.50) for the limited time half-off deal.

Wonder when the release date is...

Price: EUR 99.00 (individual license) (or 134.8479 U.S. dollars)

Hopefully that's the full price and $67.42395 (EUR 49.50) for the limited time half-off deal.

Wonder when the release date is...

3DArtist you're right, limited time half-off deal is EUR 49.50

Release date is really soon now! :yahoo:

On my side believe me I can't wait to see you guys playing with this new toy. :good:

Could this be used to model a human face?

I think so, or I don't see why not. Taking two photos at left & right 3/4 view might yield some 'close enough' portraits. Anyway I sure will find out when it's available. :yahoo:

What I would like to try is taking 2 shots and making a mesh from theat, then turn the object, head, whatever, and taking 2 more shots, make a mesh, etc. until I have have pieces of the whole head, then put them together in either 3DC or Meshlab. This is how it works with David Laser Scanner. I've never tried it with DLS so I'm not sure exactly how difficult it is.

What I would like to try is taking 2 shots and making a mesh from theat, then turn the object, head, whatever, and taking 2 more shots, make a mesh, etc. until I have have pieces of the whole head, then put them together in either 3DC or Meshlab. This is how it works with David Laser Scanner. I've never tried it with DLS so I'm not sure exactly how difficult it is.

It would probably involve some tedious vertice welding but should be doable.

Well, that's why I mention A. 3D-Coat... voxels means no point welding, and B. Mesh Lab because I think ML has some way of doing it without tedious welding.

Very interesting, I don't think I will buy it,yet, I 'd prefer a pointcloud generated from multiple photo-angles resulting in clear geometry. This soft generates blobby models. :mellow:

And "Photosynth" does just that, only it will not let you save it for unclear reasons.

Maybe PhotoSculpt's features will grow into object re-creation from 2+ photos.

But so far it seems to live up to its name PhotoSculpt "Textures" pretty well.

post-631-12677260866689_thumb.jpg

Maybe PhotoSculpt's features will grow into object re-creation from 2+ photos.

But so far it seems to live up to its name PhotoSculpt "Textures" pretty well.

It is an amazing thing to work like this...post-1736-12677270391901_thumb.jpgpost-1736-12677273027822_thumb.jpg

Hey that's my software!

It looks good. I really think you guys will master it in no time, just looking at that. :yahoo:

Hippolyte, I would like to request one thing so far. Your crop tools are nice and what would be a nice addition would be a "Paint alpha" tool.

Similar to the mask painting in Photoshop so that we can paint red (or whatever color) on the areas that should be removed from the image, then click "Create alpha".

Great software so far! :good:

Well, it's a little lumpy, but better than I could do by hand in a few minutes.

2010-03-04_1350.png2010-03-04_1352.png

Have you tried going to Sculpt -> Options and sliding "Maximum number of triangles to display" all the way up?

Oh, no I didn't know that was there. Now I have to do it all over again. lol

OK that's better.

2010-03-04_1403.png

@philnolan3d

Yes, that does look better. :)

@Hippolyte

Do you plan on adding a batch feature? I could easily have tons of pictures ready to process.