3DCoat Forums

Google+

• Contributor

Well I tried the g+ beta, quite a nice work in terms of ergonomics and programmation, but like facebook I fail to see the point. Social networks look like place where unorganized people gather. I personnaly didn't wait for facebook or g+ to get "social" on the web and hate the feeling of been held by the hand.

I may change opinion later but this looks like a lazy way to keep an online presence while wasting time to fill in pretty useless forms and whatnot...

I think I'm too "utilitarian" to be hooked by those things.

But if I were to choose, I would definetely go google, looks way well more thought out.

Well I tried the g+ beta, quite a nice work in terms of ergonomics and programmation, but like facebook I fail to see the point. Social networks look like place where unorganized people gather. I personnaly didn't wait for facebook or g+ to get "social" on the web and hate the feeling of been held by the hand.

Well, you use a forum to communicate with other artists, why not use G+ to communicate with artists. I use both, don't see what's wrong with it. It's just one more way to share.

• Reputable Contributor

I may change opinion later but this looks like a lazy way to keep an online presence while wasting time to fill in pretty useless forms and whatnot...

I think I'm too "utilitarian" to be hooked by those things.

But if I were to choose, I would definetely go google, looks way well more thought out.

Well Facebook provided an avenue to re-connect with old friends and even relatives that I hadn't seen in years...I don't hang out on FB, but it does have its usefullness. Now, Twitter...seems a bit egocentric in it's concept..."Hey everybody (with a Thurston Howell III's voice), you can keep up with ME, Myself, and I." It's cool for staying updated with what Andrew is doing and that's why his Twitter is the only one I follow. I don't tweet, personally.

• Contributor

That's funny, to me Twitter is a giant chat room with fellow artists.

This.

and

Well, you use a forum to communicate with other artists, why not use G+ to communicate with artists. I use both, don't see what's wrong with it. It's just one more way to share.

I understand some like it but I still think they (fb and g+) over complicate things, I'm using gmail, msn , irc and skype and they all make their job pretty well.

Using only one form of communication is a mistake, if somehow someday facebook stopped working how would you reach out to your contacts ? I know it's not exclusive but nowaday most people completely disregard other ways than those social network thingies.

Who said anything about using only one form of communication? I use G+ and Twitter a lot now and also use Skype and have Trillian for IM type conversations. One great thing about Google is that it syncs your contacts across all of their services, like GMail, G+ etc. Since I use Thunderbird for my email Google automatically syncs my contacts with my computer, plus of course my phone and tablet as well.

• Contributor

I really enjoy twitter too. I get a lot of feedback when I post wip there, have problems in general or just want to share a thought or two. Also nice when other artist post links to their work, tutorials etc. I don't like facebook. Have an account but don't use it. Google+ is great so far. I really like having circles. :)

So if you want, follow me on twitter! :D

Greg

@gregwhedon

• 2 weeks later...