3DCoat Forums

TV has sculpting monitor

digman

• Reputable Contributor

As a artist, I wanted my sculpts to be larger in size as I was working on them more life like sort of speak. The 22 inch monitor was constricting in how large the sculpt appeared to me, not talking about resolution here but the real size of a object. I love color, light and a large Canvas...

I decided to try out a TV with a PC plugin for it. After doing some research and looking at the TVs, I decided on a Emerson 39 Inch running at 1920 x1080. Some TV have problems running in PC mode but this one does a great job and on text as well. No problems there reading 3DCoat's text, yes a little less anti aliasing up close but not bad at all. Plenty of controls for adjusting the TV's color, contrast and brightness plus how much backlighting there is.

My first impression loading up 3DCoat was "WOW" love it.... The sculpt was so large and life like and very clear in appearance. It just a whole lot of fun and a real blast sculpting at 39 inches.

I have my 22 inch monitor for texturing if needed and checking colors plus any lengthy reading of text but so far that has not been a problem.

Watching tutorials at full screen, is well sit back 6 feet If I want to with my feet propped up, coffee in hand and enjoy...

Please do not turn this into a Monitor vs TV thread. I got the TV for sculpting only, so I could have a larger real world canvas... I am happy camper...

• Advanced Member

I have a new panasonic plasma. It reads perfectly the color profiles so it shows my works exactly like my also calibrated monitor.

But, I agree with you, it's the real thing somehow.

I don't agree on one thing though. Sitting close to my 24 monitor, makes things larger than watching my TV from some meters.

Anyway, David, we're getting older, that's it. :rofl:

• Reputable Contributor

I sculpt from the same distance as my other monitor but fun just to throw your legs up and watch a tutorial from a distance just to relax... Older? yes, 60 years old tommorrow... :drinks: