3DCoat Forums

Focus on mesh

ghib

• Advanced Member

Having a way to zoom and focus in on a selected region of the mesh with a keyboard shortcut would help with speed of working.

Mudbox has a nice method where it uses the size of the brush to determine how much to zoom in or out. Hover over the mesh and press F will zoom in to that region.

• Advanced Member
Having a way to zoom and focus in on a selected region of the mesh with a keyboard shortcut would help with speed of working.

Mudbox has a nice method where it uses the size of the brush to determine how much to zoom in or out. Hover over the mesh and press F will zoom in to that region.

press HOME will zoom and focus a mesh in 3dc.

• Advanced Member
I think ghib means Selecte a region and zoom ,not really the "Home" option. :)

This is correct. Having it integrated with it integrated with the brush size might seem like a bad idea but in practice it works well. Though admittedly having a sticky key bound to brush size alteration (as it is in mudbox) is a lot faster than having the 2 [ & ] keys.

This is correct. Having it integrated with it integrated with the brush size might seem like a bad idea but in practice it works well. Though admittedly having a sticky key bound to brush size alteration (as it is in mudbox) is a lot faster than having the 2 [ & ] keys.

I can make something like "place model so that view center will be current pick point and scale will remain the same". Do you mean that? Or model should be scaled to fit in screen?

• Advanced Member

I've found while testing that rotating, zooming and panning around the object during painting in this App is good but could be made more fluid.

This is one of the areas I think are most important when using a 3d Paint program. If the interaction between the user and the model in the viewport is hindered at all by cumbersome navigation controls then the experience is unenjoyable and in the case of Bodypaint unusable. I made a page to try and help explain what I mean.

brushsize_zoom.jpg

Not sure if this will be possible with your current system.

p.s. yes I know it's a 3-toed toad :P