3DCoat Forums

fast masking system

rubeos

• Advanced Member

I want to cry ... I tried version 4.0 ...there are so many features, and the software gets better and better.... but still there is not something very important as a VERY FAST masking system and VERT FAST hide system (as zbrush)

And also: still there is not a good ''MOVE brush''  (especially I mean LIVECLAY MOVE brush)  as Sculptris.
Why??
Please! for the ''MOVE LC brush'', it's enough just only one, only one ''MOVE LC brush''... but done well.
Please, it is imperative to have a quick masking/hiding system, turned on and off with the same speed and easiness such as ZBrush.
Sorry for the outburst.

• Advanced Member

Amazing! ... just the latest experimental build has that I asked ... I did not realize ... thank you very much :)
I did not understand yet how the sticky buttons work, but it looks similar to the masking system of zbrush, that is, fast ... The only problem is the time to set it in the best way, I think, with the best combination of hotkeys and pen keys..
The preset brushes are also very very good, fine, especially clay, claybuild, sharp, and stretch ..(stretch = ''move brush liveclay'' that I asked before)

Edited by rubeos

• Contributor

which are the combination of hotkeys commonly used ? 

do you know ?

That is a good question Carlosan. What is a good combination of stacked keys? What is a good combination for sticky keys?

What do Artman and Beatkitano use?

• Contributor

I'm comming from zbrush so basicaly in zbrush the alt key= 3dc's ctrl and ctrl = masking.

But I always hated zbrush navigation scheme so I use Zswitcher which remap navigation to mimic maya. In this case ctrl = 3dc's ctrl and masking is tab.

So for 3dc I use tab for masking (it's in the same area as the modifier keys which is nice)..

As for stacking keys I tend to use it to assign variation of a same brush on a key. For instance I assigned a custom clay and Artman's Clay Buildup on C.

But that's the beauty of 3dc you can do whatever you don't have to use macros like in zbrush to achieve stacked keys.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I have tested .. The sticky keys are a big improvement for the software, but the masking system is not yet  fast and intuitive as zbrush: in zbrush you can also use the mouse inside the viewport to 'freeze all' 'unfreeze all '' invert freeze 'etc. ....
In 3dcoat I could not map hotkeys keyboard + mouse keys as zbrush.

It would be very handy to have a preset hotkeys/navigation really and completely as zbrush...or have a PRESET hotkey/navigation would be good.

Also I seem to have a problem with the StickyKeys.
(could be a bug or maybe I do not understand)
Example: I have mapped two keys as sticky keys, 'freeze' and 'clay':
1- I press quick the freeze button and it remains on 'freeze'
2 - Then I do some operations with 'freeze' on, or use another key combination, as 'unfreeze all', or I use 'undo'
3- when I press the 'freeze' again do not return to the 'clay', but it remain on 'freeze'.....

So, it is as if after a certain number of operations is no longer possible to return to the last key used ... in my case 'clay'.

Is there a way just some keys that I want are always 'elastic', and no 'sticky'?
sorry I do not know if you know what I mean ... I know little English

In addition 3dcoat sometimes hangs when switching between a key and the another key, for example (clay = D) and (pinch =B )

Edited by rubeos