3DCoat Forums

Pipeline problem.

Gary Dave

• Advanced Member

Hey guys, hopefully this is an easy fix, otherwise I've just wasted some time!

I have a retopo'd model, I created UV's for it and sent it off to the painting room after baking the detail from the voxel sculpt.

All good so far.

Then I go into the UV room and basically re-UV map it, I know this breaks my previous bake but I'm okay with that.

The problem? I can only seem to send the mesh from the retopo room into the painting room, and those UV's are the old ones. I tried saving the UV set from the UV room and loading them into the Retopo room, but saving out UV's in the UV room come out as a .uv, whereas loading them into the retopo room only accepts .mesh format.

Any advice? Or do I have to re-UV in the retopo room? If so, why is there a UV room?

http://3d-coat.com/wiki/index.php/6.0_UV_Tools

- Apply UV-set. This applies the current UV set to the mesh.
Note: if you already have a texture painted and you have edited the UV map and applied it the texture map can be applied to a new UV map without additional editing.

• Advanced Member

Hey Carlosan, I'm 99.9999% sure I had applied my UV set in the UV room, (it broke my normals in the paint room, as expected) but the retopo room did not update to the new UV's.

I ended up exporting my mesh in the paint room out to an obj, deleting my mesh in the retopo and then importing the export, worked fine but I'll try to re-create my issue in the future and see if I solve it without exporting.

• Reputable Contributor

Hey Carlosan, I'm 99.9999% sure I had applied my UV set in the UV room, (it broke my normals in the paint room, as expected) but the retopo room did not update to the new UV's.

I ended up exporting my mesh in the paint room out to an obj, deleting my mesh in the retopo and then importing the export, worked fine but I'll try to re-create my issue in the future and see if I solve it without exporting.

The Retopo Room has no direct connection with the UV room. It's a companion workspace to the Voxel room, whereas the UV workspace/room is a companion to the Paint Room. You can think of it like this. 3D Coat has 2 main workstations (Paint Room & Voxel Room). The other workspaces are essentially children or companion rooms to one of these.

I. Paint Room

A. UV Room

B. Tweak Room

II. Voxel Room

A. Retopo Room

Edited by AbnRanger