3DCoat Forums

I was looking for some help with edges. Some good tools for dealing with jagged edges. I find it very difficult with shapes such as spear tips, fins, wing tips, etc...In certain cases I find plotting points to cut the mesh, then smooth works fine but does not work for all...

• Like 1

It sounds like you're creating mostly thin objects, the best thing to do for objects like that is to make sure you increase the resolution of the voxel layer ahead of time. This allows for more detail to be captured when you're creating your objects, and less jaggies. Don't go too high at first, try incrementally.

And if we have a surface object...? With thin sharp surfaces (think: clothes for example) I always get jaggy edges which I cannot smooth out.

In addition to what Javis said about increasing resolution of the layer, you might also consider using the T-smooth (Tangent smooth) option while in Surface Mode.  It is best not to have a perfect 90 degree angle on your edges for baking purposes, anyway...assuming you're using normal maps.

Edited by alvordr