3DCoat Forums

Service update: 3D-Coat 2.10.17

This is the next service update for 3D-Coat 2

Features:

1) Full 64-bit support (Windows only)

2) Better compatibility with Modo. In previous versions Modo was not able to import OBJ files that was exported directly from retopo tool.

3) Better compatibility with Poser. Obj import is improved - now if several materials in MTL file refer to single texture, materials will be combined to the single UV-set. It is especially critical to Pose/Daz figures.

4) Better performance mode - press ALT-ENTER to enter fullscreen mode.

5) Better compatibility with Corel Paint Shop Pro and other PSD-editors.

6) Many bugfixes

The link is there:

www.3d-coat.com/files/3d-Coat-2-10.17.01.exe

To be able to use 64-bit DX version please download latest DirectX there:

www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyo...;displayLang=en

OSX version:

http://www.3d-coat.com/Serega/3D-Coat-2-10-17-01.dmg

Thanks Andrew for the update on this proggie. I haven't used version 3 much yet but it looks promising - incidentally I wouldn't take much notice of those who ask for a quick release of 3d coat 3 - I haven't found many games that actually use realtime voxels - heck even displacement mapping-centric games are a rarity; conversely the game Expendable (it looks like it uses some archaic Dungeon Siege engine(with glow)) written in 1999 features realtime bump mapping.

• Advanced Member

Hi, I have tried three imports with automapping on models previously imported prior to the new version and each has ended up with errors such as this. I can't provide any more details as its 2am for me and time for rest!

before the error it seemed to me that the brush 'action' reverted to strip, which was no longer active or selected.

post-1094-1227889232_thumb.jpg

Hi, I have tried three imports with automapping on models previously imported prior to the new version and each has ended up with errors such as this. I can't provide any more details as its 2am for me and time for rest!

before the error it seemed to me that the brush 'action' reverted to strip, which was no longer active or selected.

Please send me the sample of the model.

• Advanced Member
Please send me the sample of the model.

Hi Andrew. I decided to reset preferences to default settings, and so far have not had any problems.

If I do find the issues comes up again I will send you the .obj file. Or do you prefer the actual .3b file instead?

• 2 weeks later...