3DCoat Forums

• 1 month later...

the lasted version downloaded after my purchase (yersterday ), and the next problem is that half the time I have to wait a few minutes to reopen my project with automatic backup, otherwise it redone me the same quick succession problem.

Another problem symmetry, with retopology , depending on mode it is not correct.

And the last for what I tested for my purchase, and a problem when importing into voxel, I find myself with a mesh that is like nothing at all, very very low poly . Suffice to say that I am disappointed with my purchase , for now , and if possible I would like a refund.

Hi !

You need to import your model in Surface mode, not voxel -dynamesh equivalent- mode

On Retolopgy room, is better to use virtual mirror, this video explain the steps

Hope this help

I followed your tutorials , thanx for your help , and it does not change for a software that price, I expected it to be stable, and I can work without worries, now I officially want repayment. I sent an email to the support or customer service for this, I hope it works , because it is impossible to work under these conditions retopologization , the program is not stable at all.

• Reputable Contributor

Could you do 2 things before you throw in the towel, after just one bad experience. It's not causing problems like that for me. Sometimes it is a bad mesh. To determine whether or not that is the case in your situation, you can try one of the same models from the splash screen, when you first open the app. If it does the same exact thing, then you know it isn't a problem in your mesh.

First, close your app > go to MyDocs/3D Coat 4.7 > delete the OPTIONS.XML file > reopen the app and proceed. Sometimes that file gets buggered up and exhibits bug-like behavior. The other thing to keep in mind when doing auto-Retopo is don't try and use it to create an uber-low poly game asset. It just won't work. Why? Because the algorithm spaces polygons somewhat evenly, overall, and that isn't ideal for game-ready models. On that model, I wouldn't go any lower than 10k. Might even try 20-25k. If the mesh is satisfactory overall, then you can do some major poly reduction by using the DELETE EDGES tool + CTRL key to delete entire edgeloops.

Also, NO software vendor gives refunds. All software sales are final, and 3D Coat isn't alone in that. It's why they give you a 30 day trial. If there is a problem, Andrew is one of the best software developers out there, to respond and fix problems rather quickly.