3DCoat Forums

Normal map/Depth does not work

mantasdm

Hey, I'm new to 3D Coat and I struggle to understand why any of depth information doesn't seem to work for me (I've attached example). When for example i apply smart leather material to my sphere i can clearly see normal/bump/depth map working properly, but after i apply the material the depth effect is gone and when i export my normal map it is empty too. I can't even understand how i'm supposed to manually paint height/depth map, if i only leave depth channel on in the settings and try to paint- nothing happens.

What i am doing wrong here? Thanks!

3d coat problem.jpg

Well what i want is to export my mesh from C4D (In this case i just used a sphere for a test), UV it there and then texture. And that is what i tried with this sphere, why would i need to retopo anything for this? At least in Substance Painter it all works this simple way.

I've never seen this problem here on my machine. Really strange.

If you would send me the model, then I could take a look at it. Zip it and post it for download or send me a pm with the link.

The new build is 4.7.16, if you like to try