3D Coat Forums
MysticTeacup

[Solved] Help with potion bottle glass :C

Hi guys! I am losing the will to live with my potion bottles. The model was created in 3DS Max, I have  the outer model which is the bottle and an inner model which is the liquid. To see through the bottle, I have been creating a glass layer with a chrome texture, lowering the opacity of the layer to 20% and then hiding layer 0. It works, but also comes with an immense amount of problems, (see below). As shown in the images, the potion bottles seem to make other parts of the model transparent when looking through at certain angles, it clips out the majority of the inside model (the liquid), and just looks completely messed up. Any help is appreciated! Thanks so much.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

Not sure I have an answer but I'm curious if this is only in 3DC or if you've tried exporting the bottle and seen it in other programs too.

I haven't tried it in other programs, I tried exporting it to Sketchfab to see if it fixed the problem, however, no luck. It's so frustrating, I tested it a couple of weeks ago and it worked perfectly fine. 

Can you please toggle between perspective and orthographic projection ?

Can you share just that model to take a look please ?

Please activate View > Low-Poly

Hope this help

Low-Poly.jpg

Just wondering why Low Poly on  worked.   Was just 1 of the objects low poly or both  the bottle and liquid are low poly?  or   Was there a high poly bottle and a low poly  baked normal map on it ?