3DCoat Forums

[Bug] Importing multiple PtexTiles

alexn007

• Contributor

Hi Wizards,

I have imported a model with the option to paint w/ptex, and the model has multiple meshes. After painting my color maps, I want to export my ptex using the ptex export option "object by object" options so to generate a ptex file per mesh. That all works, but I just can't figure out why I can't import them without them getting jumbled up. Is there a way to import the ptex files so they properly fall into place? Ideally it would be great if I can load them in as a sequence or by a directory... I'm going bald from pulling my hair out.... Nahhh that's not why... ;-)

Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

• Contributor

Thanks, Carlosan,

Thanks, but that didn't work either. To give a better idea of what I'm working with...  I have a model that contains a 4 x 4 grid of tiles. If I paint across all the patches and then export a single ptex map, I can import that ptex map back into the scene and it maps onto the tiles perfectly. Now if I export that same map using the "object by object" option for the ptex export, it does wright a ptex map per object (which is cool), but when I try and import each ptex back in, they are applied to random bits scattered in unexpected areas. I have successfully been able to open and import them successfully in another application and they come in fine. So the question I have is why can't I get 3dcoat to read back in the maps it exported? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have even tried creating a simpler scene with a box and a sphere, and I can only import one of the two maps successfully.

Thanks again for your continued help

Edited by alexn007

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Importing multiple PtexTiles
  • Contributor

Thanks. I sent an email to support@3dcoat.com. I didn't get a reply but wasn't sure if I really should. :-) I've never submitted a bug here, so wasn't sure what to expect, or even how to follow it, if that is even available.

Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...