3DCoat Forums

Pipeline for using 3dcoat sculpting to create shapekey for blender?

rocthered

Hi everyone,

I am considering upgrading my 3dcoat Textura license to 3dcoat full, to create shapekeys for my blender characters. It is easy to do with zbrush, but it's too expensive for me..

The process I think should be exporting the obj from blender, importing it to 3dcoat, sculpting (with surface sculpt I suppose?) and exporting to blender again. Vertex order need to keep during the process.

I tried to do that with demo version of 3Dcoat with "import for sculpt/vertex painting/reference", but when I import it back to blender and created the shapekey, the character exploded:

image.thumb.png.2dc5abc23a288dd69e6f63f1e144563f.png

I believe it means the vertex order has changed. But I checked "keep vertex order" in blender during both import and export.

I am wondering is there a pipeline to do this? Thanks a lot!

Edited by rocthered

• Reputable Contributor
11 hours ago, rocthered said:

Uh I see. I will never figure it out on my own. .

Thanks a lot! I will give it a try.

What I would try to do is save a Neutral pose of your character, in both the Retopo Workspace (Low Poly baking target/retopo mesh) and in the Sculpt Workspace (Surface mode). Then, for every Morph Target/Shape Key create a new duplicate (in both workspaces). I will try to record a video showing these steps, soon.

1 hour ago, AbnRanger said:

What I would try to do is save a Neutral pose of your character, in both the Retopo Workspace (Low Poly baking target/retopo mesh) and in the Sculpt Workspace (Surface mode). Then, for every Morph Target/Shape Key create a new duplicate (in both workspaces). I will try to record a video showing these steps, soon.

Thanks! Yeah it will be great if there's a video to show the process.