3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Crash at launch, 100% reproduceable. 3DC 2022.47

Go to solution Solved by Baisop,

I have a 100% reproduceable bug where when I launch 2022.47, it will just completely hang at launch. No error message or other dialog.

The splash/loading screen shows and an all white or all black app window. It'll stay like this forever if you don't end-task. IF you delete the entire 3dCoat 2022 folder from ../Documents, it'll run, and ask to be licensed/authorized again. If you DO authorize it, either with a local .license file or by entering your login credentials, it'll appear to authorize...and then if you close and re-launch it, its back to crashing every time. Even if you leave it in demo mode, the 2nd time you launch the app, it'll crash.

The NEXT time (3rd time) it will launch a dialog, noting the last launch was unsuccessful and giving some troubleshooting tips. I've tried all these, to the best of my ability and knowledge. No success yet.

I am running 3DCoat as administrator. Up-to-date Win 10 on 10th Gen Intel 10850k w/ Nvidia 3090 and latest drivers (although this crash has persisted for some time, and over a few versions).
I am not using OneDrive, or SkyDrive or GoogleDrive or have them running currently.

I am a long-time 3dCoat user, and having it broken is a bit tough as I use it regularly in production and need it for my current project.

• Solution

Hello.

I think you have same problem as I had last year (post with video is pined). It's not just a 3D-coat problem, but I've tested that FreeCAD and Rhino3D also have this problem. I found the reason why this is happening on the Rhino3D website. The problem is caused by Nahimic dll from audio driver (99.9%). I have Asus  STRIX RAID DLX sound card and driver use Nahimic dll for something. After I disable the part of the driver that used this dll, everything start working normal. You can try shutdown all part of audio driver in Task manager (mainly part with Nahimic) and you see if that works.

Edited by Baisop
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Crash at launch, 100% reproduceable. 3DC 2022.47