3DCoat Forums

3dcoat not finding fbx files from applink

jammer42777

Sadly I am not getting any responses in the discord

hello, I had to reformat my HD in order to upgrade to windows 11 And in the process I have to setup the blender applink again. I'm following this tutorial https://3dcoat.com/documentation/manual/interface-and-navigation/app-links/blender-applink/ I have it to the point where Blender is sending fbxs to the indicated direactor but 3dcoat isn't finding them, I need some help with this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I accidentally ended up deleting my work, (I might have some on a backup drive)  but  this really isn't the best solution  there needs to be a browse button in 3dcoat to tell it where to look,  still blender keeps outputting fbx files but 3dcoat can't see them,  I can export the meshes from blender just fine but 3dcoat won't see them.  I can manually import the meshes from blender to coat but that's about it.  are they trying to steer us to the modeling room?

Edited by jammer42777

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, jammer42777 said:

I accidentally ended up deleting my work, (I might have some on a backup drive)  but  this really isn't the best solution  there needs to be a browse button in 3dcoat to tell it where to look,  still blender keeps outputting fbx files but 3dcoat can't see them,  I can export the meshes from blender just fine but 3dcoat won't see them.  I can manually import the meshes from blender to coat but that's about it.  are they trying to steer us to the modeling room?

when you import from blender to 3dcoat, the mesh is supppppperrrr tiny, scale up and then apply . you will see what i mean

10 hours ago, Elemeno said:

when you import from blender to 3dcoat, the mesh is supppppperrrr tiny, scale up and then apply . you will see what i mean

I checked that  zoomed in past the axis  but still no dice  but thank you for trying.

I deleted the 3dcoat directory on my C drive,   and restarted 3dcoat,  I found another exchange folder in my documents,  deleted it and restarted 3dcoat,  the exchange folder re popuplated, if I can't fix it I'll post a video later today

Edited by jammer42777

• 2 weeks later...

Blender AppLink updated to be able to exchange data with 3DCoat just from scratch install. So, just install 3DCoat, Blender, follow what 3DCoat tells (easy to follow) and then you may easily drop assets to Blender, including Factures. *** * * Compatibility with Blender 3.6 improved.

image.png

Thank you the reply  I've been attempting to follow that, I have managed to get blender to export to:

C:\Users\"My user name"\documents\3DC2Blender\ApplinkObjects

but 3dcoat will not pick it up.

This is after an uninstall and reinstall.

Is there a pilgway support team?  Perhaps a video call/screenshare?

Are you logged with admin account ?
Applinks was developed by users, not Pilgway. Sorry but it isnt call support for this.

Try to help i deleted all folders mentioned, followed the steps and get it working again without any issues.

------------------------------------

- Delete every applink related folder out of my docs. both the app link and 3DC seems to write text files which contain path strings
-- if any of these files contain a reference to an old directory either 3DC or blender will automatically recreate that old folder.

- Deleting every applink folder includes, in my case:
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\3DC2Blender
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\3DCoat\Exchange
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AppLinks

- Open 3DCoat and close it. This will respawn the 3DC exchange folder. (C:\Users\<username>\Documents\3DCoat\Exchange)

- Open Blender and plug in the freshly spawned exchange folder to Blender plugin exchange path. I was able to leave the object / texture empty

- Send a Voxel object to 3DC. This will spawn C:\Users\<username>\Documents\3DC2Blender folder.

- In 3DC, autopo, automap, and use "export to -> blender". As far as I can tell this will cause 3DC to spawn the C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AppLinks\3D-Coat\Exchange\Blender folder. Choose any fbx name you want.

- Export preset should be either Blender Cycles or BlenderAppLink. I used BlenderAppLink

- Back in Blender, click the "GetBack" button. This will spawn the object exported from 3DC and hook up the PBR shader!

2022-05-27 18_18_02-Alarms & Clock.jpg

2022-05-27 18_18_34-Blender.jpg