3DCoat Forums

Sculpt Room: Swept N Gener. How do I add more than 2 profile curves?

DMG

Question

I think the title pretty much asks my question.

In the sculpt room, I can create two curves to use as guides, then select two curves as profiles. But the tooltip and manual suggest that 'N' number of curves can be used as profiles and I can't see where or how to add more than two. 

Cheers,

Derek

8 answers to this question

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, DMG said:

I think the title pretty much asks my question.

In the sculpt room, I can create two curves to use as guides, then select two curves as profiles. But the tooltip and manual suggest that 'N' number of curves can be used as profiles and I can't see where or how to add more than two. 

Cheers,

Derek

ive tried .... so many times to use these tools and cant work them out at all... 

theres like no description of use

• Like 1

Yeah, it seems like it should be simple or obvious, but isn't. 

I can't get the "Add Loop Direction Line" to do anything either (other than show a magenta ball when I click on a curve).  I'm guessing there's some secret combination of right-click or middle-click or something which unlocks the rest of the functionality. :)

13 hours ago, Gorbatovsky said:

Unfortunately, this tool turned out to be inconvenient to use and needs to be improved.

That's a shame.  I think it has great potential, and if there was some way of getting the functionality from the Modelling room across to Sculpt, that'd be great.

12 hours ago, Elemeno said:

but at the same time .. whatever you make with them tools .. you could do it faster using the cut off tools or booleans .., 

Mostly. I needed to make a handle with changing profiles yesterday, and I the Sweep with multiple generators would have been the best/fastest way to do it whilst retaining control over the shape, and being able to modify it until I was satisfied. Except it wasn't the fastest, because it didn't work. ;) 

• Reputable Contributor
On 9/6/2023 at 10:26 PM, Elemeno said:

problem is i cant find any good tutorials on this tool either... so for me its just confusing , loft tools are great if they work so an improved version would be amazing

The tutorial didn't have SWEPT N GENERATOR on it, because it was a tutorial series showing a range of new modeling tools. I hope this helps: