3DCoat Forums

Pose tool wishes

Taros

Hello.

The pose tool is important, very important for voxel skulpting. And it is not perfect, so far.

So I decided to dedicate a own feature request thread for it.

My requests:

- posing multiple voxel-layers simultanously (essential in my opinion)

- selection cage or "bones" for posing (I know this is very tricky and more than a small wish. Someone mentioned it already in another thread)

- save selections (Someone mentioned it already in another thread)

If you think, there are more points to be interested for the pose tools, so be free to post it here.

Regards

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • Contributor

As As i discussed with 3Dioot the topological approach for selection of the pose tool is currently not available doe to Voxel Dynamics, How about this Idea, Keep the pose tool similar to how it is and include deform to curve?that way after making you selection and masking off rather than having a Reticle/Gizmo give the option of using the curve tool that already exists. This would surely work nicely!

We need to be able to interactively and predictably control the Feathyering/blurring of the pose mask curretly I Use lasso selection predominantly for posing but the mask it produces is just too sharp if we could have the CTRL Click funtion like ZBrush (Where you click outside of the Masked area holding CTRL and is blurs the mask to that would suit for better usabillity.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
We need to be able to interactively and predictably control the Feathyering/blurring of the pose mask curretly I Use lasso selection predominantly for posing but the mask it produces is just too sharp if we could have the CTRL Click funtion like ZBrush (Where you click outside of the Masked area holding CTRL and is blurs the mask to that would suit for better usabillity.

But you can actually blur the mask by pressing SHIFT while in "Select with pen" mode... From my point of view you have a better control than in ZB because you can easily blur parts of a mask or do different blurring in one mask...

• Contributor
But you can actually blur the mask by pressing SHIFT while in "Select with pen" mode... From my point of view you have a better control than in ZB because you can easily blur parts of a mask or do different blurring in one mask...

Think about it practically? May be possible, but what current use is the 'select with pen' its impossible to make a large pose selections efficiently with the pen tool.

When I use a pose tool I want to lasso select and blur the mask easily I dont want to have to nibble away at a sculpt to create a usable masking area with a pen stroke. I find the selct with pen option nearly unusable especially on a complex figure.

I cannot get shift to blur the mask with pen stroke at all. Did it break?

• Advanced Member
Think about it practically? May be possible, but what current use is the 'select with pen' its impossible to make a large pose selections efficiently with the pen tool.

When I use a pose tool I want to lasso select and blur the mask easily I dont want to have to nibble away at a sculpt to create a usable masking area with a pen stroke. I find the selct with pen option nearly unusable especially on a complex figure.

I cannot get shift to blur the mask with pen stroke at all. Did it break?

Mmmh I've tried it...you can choose select with pen, then lasso select -> make your selection -> switch back to a pen -> hold SHIFT while painting -> voila, mask blurred...

don't work for you ?

• Contributor
Mmmh I've tried it...you can choose select with pen, then lasso select -> make your selection -> switch back to a pen -> hold SHIFT while painting -> voila, mask blurred...

don't work for you ?

Oh Im Sorry the amount it blurs the mask is so so slight that i did not notice and when I lasso select the amount it blur is even less. Not really that functional here sorry.

Anyways I just noticed a big improvemnet has happend to the pose line selection!!! that was not there b4. Now the line selection works perfectly as i would expect. This is strange as it clearly did not do this b4. in earlier versions when i used the pose line to mask it would select everything perpendicular along that line now it seems limited to the volume in question eg a arm or leg! When was this modification made? when i initially posted it did not work like this?? I can get by with the line tool now i think.

• Contributor

Awesome! I wouldnt have expected it to change so I didnt use it for a while,

but now ....it works really cool! :) .I think sometimes Andrew makes a lot of improvements that dont make it to the betas logs.One day I woke up and I found out the "hardness" function in voxel curves was fixed(it was buggy),it was like a total surprise. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed the possibility of smoothing the gradient by holding the shift key while painting. :)

A pity I was not aware of this before, I guess the video tutorials will be updated when 3.1 will be released?

Regards, Robert

Edit: OK….. Black out! This was exactly described a few posts before.