3DCoat Forums

Lizbot

Question

3DC crashing when exporting gltf files.  I updated to the newest version and its still happening, i have done everything as per the video Carlosan posted about exporting gltf files for SL and its worked on other models but this one it says resave as this file is corrupted as it gets to a certain uv set, then i save to a new file and rinse repeat. Can anyone suggest something to me or know why this might be happening?

Thanks

7 answers to this question

• Reputable Contributor

I am not with support, just a volunteer but I will look at the 3DC file. Pm me with a link to download if you wish. 

Also will see if it crashes on export on my end.

@Lizbot sent me a message informing me that: on the second life wiki its saying that 3dcoat gtLF file is not industry compliant and that it will make problems if you use it.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/PBR_Materials#3DCoat

3DCoat

KBwarning.png Warning: As of version "2022-58", 3DCoat is unable to produce a spec-compliant glTF file, and thus should not be used for Second Life. Use at your own risk - you will have issues!

glTF export has been implemented since 3DCoat version 2020 and is found in the File >Export > Export to glTF > glTF Separate (gltf + .bin + textures)

I have sucessfully used the glTF export from 3dcoat, uploading to second life and it looks fine. But this message may put people off using your product which is why i thought i should mention it. 

• Like 1