3DCoat Forums

Inset problem with multiple polygons selected.

In the modeling room, performing an Inset on a polygon selection can make the added points/polygons shoot off into space :excl: I notice that the gizmo for the Inset function is also placed far away. Thanks for any advice about this. I can get by with smart-extrude for simple selections, but if it's a more complex selection... yeek! :scare:

• Advanced Member
Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

Elemeno was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 1 points.

2 hours ago, Jfredd said:

In the modeling room, performing an Inset on a polygon selection can make the added points/polygons shoot off into space :excl: I notice that the gizmo for the Inset function is also placed far away. Thanks for any advice about this. I can get by with smart-extrude for simple selections, but if it's a more complex selection... yeek! :scare:

could you upload your scene so we can check it please

On 3/15/2024 at 7:49 PM, Jfredd said:

Inset on a polygon selection can make the added points/polygons shoot off into space 

Thanks for the ring model.
I'm sorry for the mistakes.

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2024 at 8:18 AM, Gorbatovsky said:

Thanks for the ring model.
I'm sorry for the mistakes.

Thank you for looking into this. Please let me know if I need to do anything else. It's been a while since I've reported a bug to you all.

Thank you so much! Andrew sent me a working build while the web site was down. I have some ideas for improvement but a few questions also. Is there a current roadmap for features or a trello board where planned features are prioritized?