3DCoat Forums

draws a line between two points ( planar projection type )

Hi,

in my opinion it would be very useful to have among the real "brush tools" one that draws a line between two points, without however being affected by the shape of the mesh, but as if it were a planar projection (similar to that of substancepainter), at the moment those It seems to me that existing systems do not provide for this. There is the rectangle tool with which you can rotate...but it's a bit awkward.

thx

Giovanni

• Thanks 1

Hi thanks for reply...bat...fill mode has the possibility of two picks... but if I'm not mistaken it is only used for a nuance. I was talking to draw a straight line...that at the moment the current tools don't seem to work like the substance tool.

Giovanni

• Reputable Contributor

""real "brush tools" one that draws a line between two points, without however being affected by the shape of the mesh, but as if it were a planar projection"

You can do it manually at the moment.

"0" out the X and Z coordinates and only use the Y axis for input.

I also use Ortho mode.

Side Note:

Using manual input on the xyz coordinates gives you precise control of the gradient fill, whether you only use Y or a combination of them.

snap.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

another possible request regarding the tracing of straight lines would be that the two points could also be chosen outside the mesh, while now it seems to me that it is possible to select them only inside the mesh. This would allow you to draw a precise line over the entire surface of the mesh itself (even on non-visible sides and those with a greater inclination compared to the projection of the line, for example the sphere)