3DCoat Forums

[Feature] How to freeze parts very close to other parts...like in blender?

• Advanced Member

Good day.

I find myself moving to blender more and more. I don't like this.

I work on characters a lot and this always stops me in my step.  How can we freeze or mask objects close to other parts of the mesh (around the mouth or eyelids)?

Topological move only works when the brush size is smaller than the surface around the working area. Freeze brush does not have any settings to overcome this issue.

This is how blender works around this.   How can we do this in 3dcoat?

• Thanks 1

3DC can storage freeze zones using layers 

image.jpeg

Recently was added the ability to save a Freeze Mask to a Paint Layer (the same way you can store a POSE selection to a Paint Layer).

When the FREEZE tool is active, you will see the Options to “FREEZE to LAYER,” “CLICK & PICK to FREEZE” and “CURRENT LAYER to FREEZE”.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Thanks Carlosan, but that does not help at all. The lips or eyelids of a character are all part of the same mesh, on the same layer.

The best would be Topological Freezing.  What would be the best way to ad my request to JoseConseco's request?

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Feature] How to freeze parts very close to other parts...like in blender?