3DCoat Forums

Chester O'Reilly (AKA's- 'Chester the Christmas Elf'',,'Chester the Leprechaun')

3d_sculptress

• Contributor

been working on this one for a few weeks...haven't got to his hands yet, tho...but thought I'd go ahead n post him for now..

his face/hands..his eyes, (irises, pupils,etc),,his shoe uppers, shoe soles, pants, vest, shirt, collar, hat, are all on seperate layers and also the gold jingle balls on his hat and shoes are on 3 seperate layers, and the vest buttons are on 2 seperate layers,... and I'll put his hair on a seperate layer, too, when I create the hair (until I get more ram, I'll probably never get him outta 3DC in one piece, '9011922 tris..so I reckon he may be stuck in 3DC for a long while, lol).I found out that the easiest way to make soles for shoes (for me, at least) is to just duplicate the upper shoe to a seperate layer, then just select 'transform', then flatten it vertically with the gizmo..I'm testing a 2d background that I made in Vue that I may add to it...will post it in a few minutes if it works out ok. also, I plan on making his pants half-length for the leprechaun and the Christmas elf pics, and add some striped socks, etc.,,,but that will take a few more days to accomplish....but again, here he is for now smile.gif

3DCoatV3-MaryHines-HumanAnatomy--28.jpg

3DCoatV3-MaryHines-HumanAnatomy--27.jpg

3DCoatV3-MaryHines-HumanAnatomy--26.jpg

3DCoatV3-MaryHines-HumanAnatomy--25.jpg

3DCoatV3-MaryHines-HumanAnatomy--22.jpg

3DCoatV3-MaryHines-HumanAnatomy--23.jpg

• Contributor

thanks, digman...I enjoy creating them, too ....here's the 2D background that I created in Vue..(the snow scene/Christmas tree) .the shadows are off (I added Chester's shadow in a photo editor) but I'll fix all that later (or try to,lol). I also added a star that I created in 3DC, but it needs fine-tuning, too......oh, and I tried using the 'pose' tool to move his arms, but it didn't work out...guess I just don't know enough about it yet,,,but I used the 'Move' tool, and of course now his arms need reworking...but here it'is for now...smile.gif

3DCoatV3-MaryHines-HumanAnatomy--30.jpg

3DCoatV3-MaryHines-HumanAnatomy--29.jpg

• Advanced Member

lol, it's so cheerful

are you going to retopo him and bake him? So that you can rig him and pose him as you like?

retopo'ing can be really simple with the "strokes" tool. Just make sure the limbs are okay and the neck because those are probably the only areas you'd be posing. It would probably take 15 minutes to do it. Well minus the fingers. Fingers are tricky at least for me they are.

• Contributor

lol, it's so cheerful

are you going to retopo him and bake him? So that you can rig him and pose him as you like?

retopo'ing can be really simple with the "strokes" tool. Just make sure the limbs are okay and the neck because those are probably the only areas you'd be posing. It would probably take 15 minutes to do it. Well minus the fingers. Fingers are tricky at least for me they are.

hi Kay..glad you liked him smile.gif .......I 'm not real sure what I'm supposed to do in the retopo room with the strokes tool.unsure.gif .could you or someone give me a little more detailed instructions ? ..guess I'll need to quadrangulate him first before I even take him to the retopo room, right ?...but how will I do that ?..he has about 25 layers...would I need to quadranglulate every layer seperately ?..or would I need to export him out as a .obj then import him back into the voxel room, then quadrangulate him before taking him to retopo room ?

• Contributor

hi Kay..glad you liked him smile.gif .......I 'm not real sure what I'm supposed to do in the retopo room with the strokes tool.unsure.gif .could you or someone give me a little more detailed instructions ? ..guess I'll need to quadrangulate him first before I even take him to the retopo room, right ?...but how will I do that ?..he has about 25 layers...would I need to quadranglulate every layer seperately ?..or would I need to export him out as a .obj then import him back into the voxel room, then quadrangulate him before taking him to retopo room ?

If you simply want to pose him, quadrangulation would be fine. <_<

As for the "Stroke" tool, it is simplicity itself. You might do his legs by strokes across both and a stroke down each length and perhaps adjust the number of divisions (default is 12), hit Enter and voila! :yahoo: