3DCoat Forums

Kudos 4 the UV Tools

AbnRanger

• Reputable Contributor

After recently spending more time getting acquainted with the UV tools in 3DC, I just wanted to thank Andrew for the work he did on them this past fall. 3ds Max has some relatively nice UV tools, and with plugins, you can get improvements on that. This is one such plugin...

http://www.raylightgames.com/xrayunwrap/xrayunwrap.htm

Even though it allows me to use the same quick and simple ABF flattening method (as 3DC), I've come to find that it's faster doing UV's in 3DC. Seam selection is just crazy fast, and I don't have to mess around with Cylinder, Box, Spherical, etc...projections, or Pelt Mapping either.

So, anyone who hasn't yet taken the time to use the UV tools in 3DC...it's worth a test drive.

Yep! They are quite nice! UVs are some of the most overlooked tools in 3D software at times, in favor of the "fun" stuff like sculpting, modeling & texturing.

So I was very happy to hear when Andrew was doing the UV tools (though I did have a hand in that ;) ), and I am even more happy with the implementation of the tools. They turned out quite nice.