3DCoat Forums

setting up my own keys

Lawless

Hello,

Sorry for this question, it may seem simple to most of you.

When I am sculpting with voxels, by default I reverse a brush stroke by holding down 'control'.

How can I change the key to 'alt'.

So that when I want to reverse the brush (subtract voxel material) I hold down alt.

Thanks

It's not that you can't use ALT for something else, I just changed all the navigation over to the CTRL key, and the S key (like XSI). It's that you just can't change what key inverts sculpting/painting. I think this would be a worthy feature request. Why not post it up in that section, Lawless? :)

• Advanced Member

It's not that you can't use ALT for something else, I just changed all the navigation over to the CTRL key, and the S key (like XSI). It's that you just can't change what key inverts sculpting/painting. I think this would be a worthy feature request. Why not post it up in that section, Lawless? :)

If it was possible to map the Command - Inversion to ALT you probably made some Zbrushers happy.

But also a bunch of other programs I use on a daily basis utilize ALT as the key which inverts an action.

So I too was glad if remapping the key was possible (in exchange with Ctrl).

Agreed.

I will move this to the feature request section, sorry Lawless if you already posted there. I will merge/delete if necessary!

...And point Andrew to this thread, if others are interested in adding better hotkey support (and a hotkey list/editor), then speak up. Now is the time. ;)

• Advanced Member

A central hotkey editor would be nice. But the ability to set keys to items in the voxel menu would be really nice!

Central hotkey AND mouse/tablet input editor. =] Also, allow it to store contextually so that we can reuse hotkeys in different rooms. I'd love to be able to customize my mouse and hotkeys for the most optimal workflow in voxels, and do the same in the retopo and paint rooms.