3DCoat Forums

per pixel painting not working

• Advanced Member

Suddenly I can't bake for per pixel painting.

After retopo and UVs, when asking for baking, the layer becomes hidden ! So just a black result. From menus I managed to bake just some wrong normal maps.

3DC v32_11

• Advanced Member

And an endless adventure in retopo room trying to relax (bug?) trying to subdivide and relax(bug?) trying to mictovertex ( useless results here). I changed topology to stop this (who knows). Topo here quads only. Voxel room in voxels mode of course, 1M is not much.

Update: same problem with every other model or test. UV preview window is not working too in retopo when unwrapping. As I can see, I have to uninstall this app, please give me some instructions. All these began after left 3DC to subdivide the topology a few times (up to 600K) for half an hour. It just crashed (force quit) on MAC. Tried to reinstall this or other versions, problem still exists. Its just collapsed, sorry.

Suddenly I can't bake for per pixel painting.

After retopo and UVs, when asking for baking, the layer becomes hidden ! So just a black result. From menus I managed to bake just some wrong normal maps.

3DC v32_11

Are you trying to bake for perpixel painting with normalmep or just bake for perpixel painting? Only "bake for ppp with normalmap" works correctly. Other one will be removed from menu to avoid distraction.

And an endless adventure in retopo room trying to relax (bug?) trying to subdivide and relax(bug?) trying to mictovertex ( useless results here). I changed topology to stop this (who knows). Topo here quads only. Voxel room in voxels mode of course, 1M is not much.

Update: same problem with every other model or test. UV preview window is not working too in retopo when unwrapping. As I can see, I have to uninstall this app, please give me some instructions. All these began after left 3DC to subdivide the topology a few times (up to 600K) for half an hour. It just crashed (force quit) on MAC. Tried to reinstall this or other versions, problem still exists. Its just collapsed, sorry.

It seems that the only possible solution for this problem is to add to the retopology menu new item - "Method of snapping". In general there are 2 methods - "Seek most outer detail" (currently used) and "Seek nearest surface" (should work good for your case). I will add this option in the next build to solve this sort of problems.

• Advanced Member

thanks Andrew, the PPP is that has the problem now. Is it possible to trash some preferences or anything similar? 3DC has collapsed here. Only voxels room seems to work properly. :(

I suddenly lost the ability to right click in voxels layers and ask for ppp, as you can see from the photo I posted, layer becomes invisible, just like this.

• Contributor

I suddenly lost the ability to right click in voxels layers and ask for ppp, as you can see from the photo I posted, layer becomes invisible, just like this.

Try asking for PPP from Retopo menu instead.

I get the invisible layer thing all the time when using rmb voxtree menu(I reported about this long time ago).

But from retopo menu PPP merging always works. :)

• Advanced Member

Well it was working till yesterday...

when PPP from retopo menu then UVs dont work as they should (my UVs) material texture is not baking too.

This same voxels model, same retopo, same UVs, was working fine yesterday (have a look at WIP).

1. I tried to subdivide (3 times) topology and export it (worked fine too), I didn't save it.

2. I opened again and tried to export (microvertex mode) it worked but had some bad artifacts (I didn't save it either).

3. I re-opened the SAME file, this time I subdivided topology and tried to bake from voxels again, guess what, 3DC crashed. OK OK...

4. I opened again and from this time, I can not bake textures or normals any more. That's what happened.

Of course I already have a multi-res model in zbrush and its working just fine. Topology is fine, that there are lot of details at 300K already (crisp details).

Of course, when exporting from 3DC, I always import it to blender and re assign textures. Anyone noticed what zbrush says when importing from 3DC?

After cleaning and working in zbrush, I re import it to blender and bake AO or anything I want because using shrinkwrap I have again a multi res model there.

I said the last one because when I tried to do same blender technic using two resolutions exports from 3dc it didn't worked.

Because subdivisions in 3dC are somehow wrong and I think this is the source of our problems here.

I was trying to write a tutorial about 3DC to blender and surprised from this unpredictable app once again.