3DCoat Forums

Desktop Shortcut Icon

InfoCentral

I wanted to place a copy of 3D Coat from the Windows Program Menu to the Desktop. I clicked on it in the Program Menu and dragged it onto the desktop. That worked OK but now I don't have a copy in the Program Menu anymore. How do I get it back into the Program Menu once its been removed? Thanks...

• Reputable Contributor

I wanted to place a copy of 3D Coat from the Windows Program Menu to the Desktop. I clicked on it in the Program Menu and dragged it onto the desktop. That worked OK but now I don't have a copy in the Program Menu anymore. How do I get it back into the Program Menu once its been removed? Thanks...

If you re-install the program, it will likely show back up in the program list. I always right click and select "Send To____Desktop"...for the very reason you described.

• Advanced Member

As I remember, start menu is a folder with sort cuts, nothing more. So create a sort cut of an app (program files folder, select the original exe file for the sort cut) and move it [ctrl+X] to Documents and settings/all users/start menu. [ctrl+V]. You can group your start menu via subfolders etc this way. This is how win OS works.

As I remember, start menu is a folder with sort cuts, nothing more. So create a sort cut of an app (program files folder, select the original exe file for the sort cut) and move it [ctrl+X] to Documents and settings/all users/start menu. [ctrl+V]. You can group your start menu via subfolders etc this way. This is how win OS works.

This is what I do. I find it easier than reinstalling.