3DCoat Forums

Weekly Sketch

Jake_H

• Advanced Member

Hi

I haven't posted for a while - been busy breaking arms and getting sucked into work stuff- I decided to treat myself and set up a challenge to do a sculpt/sketch a week. Two lunch breaks a week - I think I will be able to manage that and exercise ways of "seeing" in 3DCoat.

This weeks submission a portrait sculpt/sketch bassed on Fine art SK street characters reference library.post-1096-12882385493586_thumb.jpg

Anyway back to rigging.

Jake

• Contributor

Hi

I haven't posted for a while - been busy breaking arms and getting sucked into work stuff- I decided to treat myself and set up a challenge to do a sculpt/sketch a week. Two lunch breaks a week - I think I will be able to manage that and exercise ways of "seeing" in 3DCoat.

This weeks submission a portrait sculpt/sketch bassed on Fine art SK street characters reference library.post-1096-12882385493586_thumb.jpg

Anyway back to rigging.

Jake

Nice sculpt, Good Idea Jake, get creative of a lunch time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

OK so not quiet so weekly - I will have to make time this weekend coming to catch up :P

post-1096-1289398815659_thumb.jpg

A full female figure study based on a bridgman sketch.

Same time frame as before - its a little lumpy - and the forms are a rough but what the hey its an exercise in seeing.

• Advanced Member

Yup Garagarape I was looking at George Bridgman

Some online ref here intersting stuff from pg 14:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/4461582/The-Human-Machine-by-George-Brigman

His posing and masses in his construction sketches are great to attempt to realise in 3D, as his drawing has very sculptural quality.