3DCoat Forums

How do I clear the Paint room?

How do I clear the Paint room?

I Ran Autopo with MV paint on a voxel model. The new topology had some seams across the mirror line. I thought I could just go to in to retopo room to fix it. But now I am stuck with a world of unpleasantness in my Paint room. How do I clear the paint room and get the retopo that I manually fixed converted to MV paint?

-Martin

To clear an object (which must be done one object at a time) go to Window>Popups>Objects(Or sub-objects, can't recall it's exact name at the moment), and then next to the object you wish to delete, hit the big X and confirm it's deletion.

To get the manual retopo you did in the retopo into the paint room, from the Retopo room, go to Retopo>Merge (Select paint method desired). This will merge it to the paint room.

Be certain that you don't have multiple retopo layers all merging, hide the layers you do not wish to merge otherwise all layers will be merged.

• Reputable Contributor

To clear an object (which must be done one object at a time) go to Window>Popups>Objects(Or sub-objects, can't recall it's exact name at the moment), and then next to the object you wish to delete, hit the big X and confirm it's deletion.

To get the manual retopo you did in the retopo into the paint room, from the Retopo room, go to Retopo>Merge (Select paint method desired). This will merge it to the paint room.

Be certain that you don't have multiple retopo layers all merging, hide the layers you do not wish to merge otherwise all layers will be merged.

Hey Javis, I think one thing that can help prevent this question from popping up so often is to have that pallet loaded from default settings...perhaps in the same tray as the layers panel. That way new or trial users can find it intuitively. Same thing with Auto Retopo...it should have a button (within the main toolbar) in the Retopo Room and the Vox tree panel should load in the Retopo room by default (settings).

With a lot of people trying the application out for that feature alone, it should be placed in the most logical position possible. This way it removes any confusion as to whether AutoRetop resides in the Retopo Room or Voxel room. All Retopology tasks should operate out of the Retopo Room.

Thanks a lot Javis for answering so fast. Much appreciated :). With your help my problems are now solved.

However I think AbnRanger is on the right track; the interface should be way more intuitive and the text in the help boxes could be a lot more descriptive. Right now the help text doesnt really make that much sense.

When I read merge a patch into the scene Then I interpret that as an action that will merge a patch from another file (not the one that I am currently working in) into the file/scene that I am currently working in. Also I think the help-text should hint that the Patch object is actually being send to the paint room.

Maybe the text could simply sound something like merge retopo mesh as a patch into the paint room. Well, I am not a rhetorician, but in general it seems as if the terminology within 3D-Coat is still a bit blurry and indecisive. It would do this great application good if a serious effort was invested in sorting this out.

Cheers

-Martin

post-3165-12936832804367_thumb.jpg