3DCoat Forums

• Contributor

I'm puzzled as to why the maps (diffuse, normal and displacement) exported for this model are completely black:post-1430-0-20869100-1336337440_thumb.pn

The Upper version was unpaintable to the extent that I sent it to Andrew. Painting would fail on some parts and daub other parts untouched by the brush.

3.5.11 is the version.

Also, the teeth were painted with white. Their pinkish color is another puzzle.

• Advanced Member

Just to make sure you're not accidentally causing the problems yourself, for your black map problem make sure that you don't have the "use names correspondence for baking" option ticked without having your retopo mesh and your voxel layer the same name. Did the same thing to myself and wasted a day trying to figure out what was going on.

For your second post/problem make sure your voxel layer(s) aren't visible when you jump to the paint room. With the new voxel painting tools the surface mode mesh gets transferred to the paint room when you go from voxel to paint room and it can/will double up a mesh already in the paint room creating a very similar looking problem to your screenshot.

The model that you sent me has voxel object, but no polygonal object. There was some strangness in painting over voxel object, it is fixed now. Better use VoxTree->RMB->To global space to avoid issues. Voxel object is pink because it is shader settings, just choose other shader.

I trieed to bake object from retopo room and exported maps - all was exported correctly.

Also check Voxels->Edit scene scale - if scale is 1 there

• Contributor

I got it sorted on this end. Many thanks, Andrew, for the personal attention. I suppose my confusion has it's origin in the numerous menu choices that give the program it's power but can overwhelm the the relatively inexperienced such as my self. I sometimes make choices without having a clear idea about how to proceed. When the dust settles and version 4 is in the can, perhaps a detailed default workflow could be in the docs (from voxels to paintroom)..

Best regards,

Tony