3DCoat Forums

[SOLVED] Background Images

noobmeister

I figured out how to add a background image so I have a reference to help me create a prop. I chose some images that were too large and tried to resize them but couldn't figure out how. I decided to undo the background image and ctrl-z does not undo it. How do you remove a background image?

Thanks,

NM

Edited by noobmeister

Thanks Carlosan,

I just found and watched this too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiAO5uO2m7E#t=0

I was referring to the background image I added that filled the whole workspace background under Camera-Add Background Image. Probably was using the wrong method for a reference image. :)

Thanks,

NM

p.s. I still can't figure out how to remove my background image but I now know how to add a reference image. :) I can restart the app and the background is still there. I guess I need to delete the xml file??

Edited by noobmeister

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

Sorry to gravedig..
Ran across this thread today looking to remove an image ( no, not hide it - completely remove it / delete it / trash it ) i don't want or need into memory but it seems the only way is to drag a copy of the Sculpt into the sculpt model pane, loosing all the layers and setup in the process..

Saving the model in 3b format saves all images too even if they're hidden. Why? Why am i not entitled to have a "Delete image" button easy and simplistically? Is this against some unspoken rule?