3DCoat Forums

how do i get rid of these vertices?

Aleksey

• Advanced Member

also while we are at it.

the symmetry seems to have been lost on my retopo mesh "make symmetrical" button takes the symmetry from the wrong side. how do i get it to take the symmetry from the side i want?

• Advanced Member

Ok so i have to work on the right side and can't mirror the left side to the right side?

those dots seem to have dissapeared themselves. some others i couldn't delete until i hid all my mesh and sculpts.. there should really be a clear temporary points command.

Thanks for the help!

edit: now my dots always appearing below surface of mesh, so i can't see them unless i hide the mesh :(

Edited by Aleksey

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

..and if you find that some of the blue dots you hover over don't turn white, rotate your camera around that particular blue dot a bit and make sure your brush side is big enough to pick it up.  Eventually you'll get the hang of this 'til you may only get one or two of those at most.

• Advanced Member

since they aren't actuall verticies, they seem more like temporary selection markers. before you lay down polygons.

like selecting two edges and then running a bridge command.

but esc to clear them would work just as well.

• Advanced Member

Frankly, I thought about the idea of having a "clear stray points" feature, but then realized the software should have a toggle that allows or disallows stray points.  I can't think of why you would want them, but perhaps there's a use.  Otherwise, it should always disallow points floating in free space.

• Like 1