3DCoat Forums

Haptic devices

Andrew Shpagin

We had one of these falcon devices in our office. It seemed really clunky and not really as good as just using a tablet and pen. I think it's sitting collecting dust somehwere. It's really huge. Just my opinion in case anyone is thinking about buying one.

• Advanced Member
We had one of these falcon devices in our office. It seemed really clunky and not really as good as just using a tablet and pen. I think it's sitting collecting dust somehwere. It's really huge. Just my opinion in case anyone is thinking about buying one.

I know Andrew has a falcon. If he adds hapfic support for the falcon it would be hard for any 3dc user to resist buying one. I'm sure that eventually 3dc will grow to support several devises.

• Advanced Member

Same here. I actually only have one-arm and have never had an issue with my mouse or tablet use within 3dCoat.

Any problems with modifier keys needing pressed are solved with Stickeys or tablet macro settings.

I remember a distinct realisation on Tuesday nights scribbling of noticing the tablet pen and 3d coat felt like an extension of my arm. It's probably hard for you two-handers to know I mean but it was nice.