3DCoat Forums

inflate like in zbrush?

Flippers

• 3 weeks later...

So that inflate tool is awesome but I cannot get it to work anything like that? It seems like you're just holding the mouse down and the space is filling but when I do it I have to move the mouse back and fourth and it only builds based of the normals facing the camera?

And the voxtree extrude works exactly the same? Is there a setting I'm missing because I tried to match what I saw in your movie there with zero success...

• Advanced Member

Yeah, so many changes happened to the brushes that they are less useful for me.  I don't even spend that much time in Surface Mode, but that's been the focus of development for quite a long time now.  It's making me want to spend more time in ZBrush, lately.  In fact, I believe that's precisely why I have been spending more time in ZBrush, lately...I just didn't realize it.  I find the brushes just work better for me and my purposes.  There are other benefits to 3DC, but sculpting is now my least favorite part of 3DC.

There used to be an Extrude Direction setting that would make it do what you want, where it works in all directions, not just the facing camera...but I have no idea where that went.  You can turn off backface culling, but that only works to adjust what's on the other side of the camera/object.

Edited by alvordr

I'm with you in that I don't like to be in surface mode..in fact I try and avoid it at all costs. Voxels are just cleaner for me and my purposes 90% of the time.

Very strange that they would just completely change the functionality of this brush though don't you think? Carlosan can you shed some light on this??

Still with Al on this. The brush doesn't work ANYTHING like you're showcasing in the video?????

I'm using version 4.1.17 and when I mirror my settings to yours STILL nothing? With inflate brush selected and settings per your suggestion you still have to keep clicking the mouse button when clearly in the video you are just holding the button down and the space is filling.

Not only that but it's also only inflating towards the camera and not in every direction like you see in the video. The expand tool is no different?

Sorry, the tuto was done for 3DC v3 users, right.

For V4 user, Andrew had post this info about the new brushes:

"Hi!

Some brushes was removed due to rawness or uselessness. I think that some of them is possible to mimick using General brush.
Regarding brushing - you may do this effect with your preset based on General brush. There is option "Trajectory" that does what you need.
Generally all was done as it works now to improve quality of stroke, equally spaced spots produce much better quality of stroke."

post-10142-0-71827400-1415727818_thumb.j