3DCoat Forums

Fixing seams across multiple textures?

StrawberryGirl

Go to solution Solved by Malo,

Hi everyone! I recently downloaded the program as a trial version, and I need to verfiy that it can do the following before I purchase:

I have a character that is a single mesh, with multiple texture maps applied (i.e., torso, limb, face maps). I need to be able to paint the seams between different maps and have both maps update with the changes, which I can then export individually. Is this something 3d-coat can do? So far, it seems like it is opening the mesh with the textures applied as layers, and when I export the layers, it seems to only have part of the seam painting applied (i.e., only getting the torso side of the seam fix, not the arm side). It doesn't seem like layers are the way I really would want to handle this, but admittedly, I'm not yet familiar with the workflow/terminology of the program. I've turned to 3d-coat because Mudbox has been giving me such issues with trying to do this. Fingers crossed that 3d-coat works! Thanks in advance for any and all help you can offer!

Yes, the seams are showing in 3dc. I originally set up the model in Maya (assign textures, clean things up, etc). Then export as an .obj. Then iImport that into 3dc (in paint room). Textures come in fine, but they are set up as layers (not sure if that is the right was to handle it), and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to export the changes to both maps once I'm done painting seams.

FWIW Seams might appear like they are showing sometimes in 3DC, but it tends to be an OpenGL issue, and things usually like right in whatever engine you're using. At least that is how things have gone for me. It varies.