3DCoat Forums

DragRect in 3dCoat?

noex65

I've been scouring the forums and I don't think I've found anything relating much to this topic. Recently got a couple fur brushes for Zbrush and wanted to export them into 3d coat but found that I couldn't exactly use them as the alphas and height were being read slightly different in 3Dcoat than in zbrush. I just wanted to confirm that I'm not missing anything or if theres actually a way to go about this. Thanks!

4697949810fb542c626196a449357600.png

5db1204f3be87905b47f84795f9b70ae.png

1 hour ago, Yousung said:

I don't know if this is the function you want,
How about using 2D-Paint?

VoxMode_2DPaint.jpg

Hey! Thanks for the response! It's not quite what I was looking for, basically looking for something that can create negative space between the alpha and the brush (like dragrect where you can click and pull to change direction, size, etc with negative space below it) like in the first picture.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AbnRanger said:

Use the STAMP draw mode in the E-PANEL (E-Key), to drag that shape with a brush like Extrude or Absolute.

Hey! Using the extrude or absolute with stamp helps but it creates that connection between voxels from the tip of the fur to the actual mesh, my hope is to not have that so I've been substituting by using the move tool at an angle with that alpha. I just made this post to confirm if there's nothing like dragrect in 3dcoat or anything close to it. So far with experimenting, I also dont see a snakehook tool (at least not in voxel) but also one that takes alpha (on surface)