3DCoat Forums

[Bug] 3DCoat freezes in retopo mode

BUILD: 2021.02

HARDWARE: (If applicable) 

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)

2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

BUG DESCRIPTION:

I've just purchased the update to fix another bug in 3DCoat. In this new version of 3D Coat it freezes in retopo mode. The retop'ing runs fine with no lag and then every so often (quite regularly) it just hangs and starts to beachball and I have to force quit (it can take a long time to quit even after selecting force quit). It runs fine apart from that but what should take a couple of hours is taking days and it didn't happen in the previous build.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

All I do is use the oints to polygon tool, move the model around (The high poly model has been decimated and is easy to maneuver with no lagging at all ) and I save every now and again but 3d coat just freezes and I have to force quit. I have yet to be able to successfully reotopo a model in this new version, obviously, I find this very frustrating. Is anyone else having this issue?

Hi @Andrew Shpaginbase brush is still causing issues in the latest build and the same problem with some other voxel brushes like 2d paint. The object disappears in viewport, terrible performance and then can be brought back into the scene via increasing the resolution of the object. Voxels are unusable on my machine at the moment. Thanks

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] 3DCoat freezes in retopo mode

Hi Sergyi,

Thank you for the quick response.  I did as you advised and unfortunately, it still freezes and I get the spinning beachball of doom and have to force quit.:(

I retopo the same way I always have done in the previous version, I can't figure out why it's doing this.