3DCoat Forums

The program seems to be rigidly bound to the scale and thickness of objects. The bottom line is as follows. Painting with a base brush in voxels causes a brush effect to appear on the other side of thin (RELATIVE to other objects) objects, regardless of whether Back Side is turned on.

• Reputable Contributor

Windows version 2021.26

I agree all voxel brushes if possible need to not build on the other side when having a thin object. 

FYI. These Voxel brushes do not build on the other side when having a thin object.

Build, Airbrush, Vox buildup and Extruder.

• Reputable Contributor

No need to it been a long term problem. Maybe because it has do with how a voxel brush is made internally in code. Is it possible for all voxel brushes not effect the other side only the developers would know. 

Voxel type Buildup brushes seem to have no problem but the others do.

I did not all test Clay/Draw brushes. The generally do not affect the other side cause they are surface mode brushes you can use in Voxel mode. To turn the brush strokes back to voxels  you press the enter key . You will lose some detail. I use Clay / Draw brushes to build up larger to medium form as they are fast. So I use both Voxel and Clay /Draw brushes up to medium form.

P.S. The Clay/ Draw Fill brush does effect the otherside and a couple more.

Thanks for posting about it.

Edited by digman
more info

• Reputable Contributor

Windows version 2021.26

When you delete a  personal created alpha made from an image then delete the alpha, it will reappear when you close and reopen 3DC. 

I marked in red the two alphas that keep reappearing. They were made from png  image files. 

These alphas are similar one is just a little more blurred. 

Steps to reproduce:

Create an image alpha. 

Click on the + icon in the Alpha panel. 

Open Texture File. Choose the Alpha image.

Delete the Alpha. 

It reappears when you reopen 3DC.  

You also can close 3DC without deleting the alpha. Reopen 3DC and delete the Alpha. Close 3DC, then reopen 3DC and the Alpha also reappears in the case too.

appearing.jpg

Edited by digman
More Info