3DCoat Forums

[Feature] Default texture resolution

I searched web/forum and could not find a way of setting a default texture resolution. I use the 3DCoat Textura.

I use the import UV tiles as UV sets on import (that's really cool), I'm just amateur, not a Pro working on film who usually have 1 million tiles, but I like the UDIM layout approach to keep things organized.

Now having to manually edit texture resolution per tiles seems kind of tedious, so maybe something like the following would be a good idea:

• Default global setting in "edit/preferences" OR
  • Default setting during import OR
  • "default for all" check box in "textures/mesh and texture resolution".

Capture.PNG.387ae084901d0804590b6fa203ba5fd3.PNG

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
  • Reputable Contributor
15 hours ago, shvrdavid said:

Has this ever been implemented? I just bought this program and it seems a little odd to have to set this to what I normally use every time I import something.

It's always been like that, because development probably just assumes users want to set different sizes in each project. As an example, for a character, it would not be uncommon to use a 4k map for the head, a 4k for the body, but just a 2k map for the props and secondary objects like belts, hats/helmets, shoes, etc.

I for one would much rather have a way of setting default than let the devs that don't use the program assume everything on the planet uses a 2k texture.

As it is not I have to set up every mesh I want to texture, then save that as a starting point. Which is great if you work on the same thing all the time, and is obviously not the case either.

Is there a ticket system to add a request anywhere?

I am not going to bother. From what I have been told since posting this, it wont be addressed and I have no reason to doubt that now.

I am not emailing someone's personal Gmail address, giving them mine, to address something that has been asked for in a program that has a website, forum, and a Mantis site. This is not the first time you told them, and they did nothing then either.

They have not added it in two years of development...... Why would they now? It obviously doesn't affect the people that program it, and never use it.

It is the attitude of "We already got their money"..... I should have done far more research before purchasing it....

I was born at night, but it wasn't last night...... Sorry for being blunt, but this is an odd thing to ignore tor two years. Even odder, not to have a ticket system for paying customers.....

Close my account........................

On 8/29/2021 at 11:28 PM, E.V. said:

Now having to manually edit texture resolution per tiles seems kind of tedious

Capture.PNG.387ae084901d0804590b6fa203ba5fd3.PNG

Pressing CTRL + LMB to select any texture resolution change all the tiles value at same time.
Please give a try.

@Carlosanthat would help me a lot, it solves my initial request, unfortunately it does not work for me for some reason (?!).

See below drag/drop an OBJ, per pixel painting, then menu to edit, but holding CTRL+LMB to change the UDIM 1001 does not change the others, see image. What might I be doing wrong? I want this working:D

3DCoat Textura 2023.29

Screenshot 2023-09-23 090327.png

Screenshot 2023-09-23 090410.png

• Confused 1