3DCoat Forums

tree321-volume 2

tree321

• Contributor

Grief

Grief is a multi-faceted response to loss. It includes the emotional numbness, disbelief, separation, anxiety, despair, sadness, and loneliness that accompany the loss of someone or something loved.

Wiki

How much in ones life remains unfinished?Too many thoughts so many ideas so little time.

Time waits for no one at all

the clock continues to tic on the wall

shadows of the day pass

as the night comes at last

lay down your head to sleep

tomorrow is yours to keep

until the last day is gone

when we shall sleep

till eternities dawn

post-913-1244220343_thumb.jpg

post-913-1244220351_thumb.jpg

post-913-1244220357_thumb.jpg

Cool. Nicely articulated with convincing stone texturing. The arm draped upon the figure's abdomen is just about perfect, but something seems askew with the right hand over the eyes. Maybe the thumb is a bit misaligned.

• 1 month later...
  • Applink Developer

Nice one. I like it. It's very imaginative sculpt. Lot of interesting parts. And it's always nice to see full body sculpts. That is the best thing with voxels, sometimes you have some fun trying

diffrent tools and soon you notice that you have created something special and here is a good example about this. Great work!

• Contributor

Saul's Conversion

Inspired by a renaissance work.

Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples. He went to the high priest and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"

"Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked.

"I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. "Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."

(Acts 9)

post-913-1249254453_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

Wow. I love the Saulus bust. The expression, the composition with the branch, his beard. :)

I really feel you should render some of your sculpts out in package with a dedicated renderer though. Your sculpts deserve a nice 3point lighting setup with some bounced light and proper shadows.

3dioot

• Advanced Member
Wow. I love the Saulus bust. The expression, the composition with the branch, his beard. :)

I really feel you should render some of your sculpts out in package with a dedicated renderer though. Your sculpts deserve a nice 3point lighting setup with some bounced light and proper shadows.

3dioot

I second this. Your sculpts are great but I would love to see them textured and rendered

• 1 month later...
  • Contributor
Fruit and Baskets

Been working on a few more ambitious projects lately, thought I'd try something fun.I may continue to work with this one, not yet sure.

Model, texture,render 3d-coat

Very nice! The tight weave resembles some of the grass and willow root baskets of the the local Weott, Hoopa and Klamath people made (and one old gal continues to teach). they have black designs on natural color. Some baskets were of such tight weave that they were used for boiling water (by inserting a hot rock).

• 2 months later...
  • Contributor

Cathedral Radio

Before the TV, families would gather around the radio.My wife and I recently purchased a replica of one of these radios.We light a fire and some oil lamps,turn off the Edison lights and drift back to a simpler place and time.

post-913-12595916187229_thumb.jpg

• Contributor

Beautiful! :clapping: When I was listening as you describe (during WW2), our radio had a green 'eye' that changed when you dialed (and maybe volume as well). It made "The Green Hornet", "The Shadow Knows", and "The Lone Ranger and Tanto" a theater of the mind's eye.