3DCoat Forums

Up to date tutorials?

ALF

I am looking for up to date tutorials on 3d coat. Many video are old and 3dCoat had change since, so very hard to follow. A official documentation don't seem to exist doesn't really help. I really would like to use 3dCoat, but now it's just a piece of software that just doesn't get use that often, since I just don't know how.

No money for training :) Already spent it on the software! Yes, the amount of youtube video is the problem. Some of it are posted ages ago, so I would think they must be out of date. Don't want to waste time for something that may not even work on the current version of 3Dcoat. Is there a official manual of some sort, so I could at least go to that for the final word.

Like the price of 3DCoat, now the only problem is how can I make full use of it's power!

Also, since the brush engine has been updated, so there is no presets for any brushes? Is that correct, so where can I find a really good basic step by step guide/tutorial, so that I could re-make/create a set of brushes that would make sculpting a little bit easier and faster.

Or the presets are there, just that I had to make so changes to setting, so that 3Dcoat knows where to look for presets?

Thanks for any help.

Okay, looking at the official documentation, now. So that one checked. Tutorials are still too unstructured (no path to follow, just search around and watch whatever is there and hope that it all clicked!). Would be good if there is something that give the concepts behind why/how the UI is the way it is. Well, maybe show the correct way to use the tools. What they are intended to do that sort of thing.

I think I will just have to search around a bit more, and spend some MORE time. Sorry, I just switch to 3Dcoat from the other popular 3d program (they decide they don't like hobbyist anymore). So would like to spend less time to learn a new interface, and more on actually creating stuff.

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, ALF said:

Sorry, I just switch to 3Dcoat from the other popular 3d program (they decide they don't like hobbyist anymore). So would like to spend less time to learn a new interface, and more on actually creating stuff.

I feel bad for you. 

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, ALF said:

I think I will just have to search around a bit more, and spend some MORE time. Sorry, I just switch to 3Dcoat from the other popular 3d program (they decide they don't like hobbyist anymore). So would like to spend less time to learn a new interface, and more on actually creating stuff.

i suppose 22.0.6 was your last update? dont worry nothings changed

Yes, I don't think they will change the interface. It just that I could kiss goodbye for any interesting new features. Looking at the price they are asking for a upgrade! They are all pushing for subscription, so that they can keep getting the money while not needing to come up with good interesting features that people would be willing to pay for.

Anyway, 3DCoat look promising. Just need a bit of polish. Who knows what would happen if it get enough users. I may need to start looking for another program again :)

Edited by ALF

14 hours ago, ALF said:

Would be good if there is something that give the concepts behind why/how the UI is the way it is. Well, maybe show the correct way to use the tools. What they are intended to do that sort of thing.

Hope this help

• Like 2

Just a thought. The open wheeler looks cool in the 3DC front page. Any chance that someone could create a start to end tutorial on creating just that :) So some dumb fxxk like me could following along and well pretty much know how to create something from start to finish. And have something cool to play around with in the end :)

A ship is too boring :)

image.thumb.png.e2485f1c0237b9ed5f75d4b8d6994869.png

Edited by ALF
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, ALF said:

Just a thought. The open wheeler looks cool in the 3DC front page. Any chance that someone could create a start to end tutorial on creating just that :) So some dumb fxxk like me could following along and well pretty much know how to create something from start to finish. And have something cool to play around with in the end :)

A ship is too boring :)

image.thumb.png.e2485f1c0237b9ed5f75d4b8d6994869.png

Good luck with that :D